Within is an experimental videogame questioning the notion of space in a virtual world, where the player wanders in an ever changing place, chased by a mysterious figure
It was developed during my master at the University of Art and Design in Geneva (HEAD), and it followed my master thesis which was questioning the notion of narration in videogames. Broadly : how to tell a story by interaction.
I developed it alone, under the supervision of David Calvo.
The game is centered around the feeling of anxiety, but it's a game for all audiences, and is very short, 5/10mn or less if you get touched by the figure.
It is in a release candidate state : there might still be some bugs but none that I noticed (maybe i'm lying ...)
For feedback or criticisms feel free to contact me on twitter @ragekit
Use the arrow keys to move, shift to run and the mouse to look around.
You can rebind controls in the menu that appears at game start. (desktop version only)
Update Release :
- Small bug corrections
Update RC4 :
- The shadow now work like it's supposed to.
Update RC3 :
- Player can run longer, but move way slower when tired, smooth transition between not-tired/tired states.
- No more sound-steps while jumping
- Fade-to-black ending corrected
- Graphic artefacts corrected
Update RC2 :
- no more stuttering bugs while walking.
Click download now to get access to the following files: